All glazing panels developed and marketed by freeglass are submitted for national and international homologation and meet the required stipulations.
They undergo stringent testing at the research and development centres of our partners and Sekurit in Herzogenrath, Germany, to safeguard their correct fit for automotive applications:
- Product and process quality analysis
- Visual inspections
- Durability and strength testing
- Mechanical testing
- Laboratory for physics and technology
- Laboratory for chemistry and technology
Injection moulding technology
Polymers are melted and injected into high-gloss polished multicomponent injection moulds to shape the component.
Injection moulding enables the integration of multiple components within a combined plastics module.
Our injection moulding technology:
- Multi-component injection moulding (3-component)
- Turning plate technology
- Injection stamping technology
- Machine capacity: up to 2700t
- Rheological simulation
- Tool maintenance
- Automatic parts check
Components are coated on required surfaces, on the inside and/or outside to guarantee their strength and durability for outdoor conditions and media influences.
Such applications create high-gloss and profundity effects on the component.
- Single or double coating
- Wet-on-wet + double bake coating
- Thermally hardening polysiloxane hard coats, e.g. Momentive
- Two industrial paint shops providing clean room conditions
Extrusion coating is integrated into component completion using a technologically adhesive elastomer. Thanks to this process we can implement our customers’ shaping demands and sealing concepts.
The process enables smooth integration of plastics components into the vehicle’s structure.
Our extrusion coating:
- Partial overmolding
- Complete overmolding
- Flush overmolding
- Underfloor overmolding
- Various Shore hardness levels
We look forward to advising you about our final assembly process.
We offer processes for the following areas:
- Laser welding
- Hot stamping
- 2-component adhesive
- Laser-based labelling
- Integrating decorative parts made of stainless steel, aluminium, etc.
- Installing components, such as clips, seals, sensors, lighting, etc.
Processing sheet material
We thermoform and process polycarbonate sheets according to customer specifications.